*Buff Orpington Thread!*

Pics
I am getting my first chickens in May and decided on the BO. I am considering getting 25 pullets and 50 males for meat. I plan on separating the males and females. I'm wondering if anyone else grows them for meat, how long they take to grow and if the males will get along together. They will have plenty of room and access to a secure pasture outside of their coop so I'm hoping that they will be content.

Here's updated pics of my new buff - do you still think she's a pullet? She was sold as one so I am hoping I didn't pick the one roo out of the bunch of pullets as I only got one of this breed. She's at that scruffy 4 week old stage...

I am getting my first chickens in May and decided on the BO. I am considering getting 25 pullets and 50 males for meat. I plan on separating the males and females. I'm wondering if anyone else grows them for meat, how long they take to grow and if the males will get along together. They will have plenty of room and access to a secure pasture outside of their coop so I'm hoping that they will be content.
I raised 25 pullets and 75 cockrels last summer, I had them processed before there was a need for separation. All were Partridge Rock.

what kind of chicks will I get if I breed my buff orpington rooster with a white silkie? what will chicks look like??
heres my rooster Sunny

they will arrive on the 4 of april
jumpy.gif
D.gif
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom