*Buff Orpington Thread!*

I'm no expert, but I say pullet. My BO rooster at a little over 4 months has saddle feathers, tail feathers, and now crows. He's a big, brawny thing too. He'll be 5 months at the end of the month.

X2

I would say pullet as well.
At 5 months my cockerel was crowing, broad chested, thick legs, had the saddle/tail feathers and was quite large compared to anything around.

Thank you!! I'll still keep my eye on her she's very confusing to me lol.

I know this is a buff thread but I recently add a Exhibition English Black Orpington pair!! So excited! They just arrived yesterday so I want them to feel comfortable around me and their new home before I come up to them with a camere! Lol. But this is a pic I got yesterday

Pics the exhibition breeder sent me of them and their siblings, and they're only about 3-4 months old!!

Last edited:
Thank you!! I'll still keep my eye on her she's very confusing to me lol.

I know this is a buff thread but I recently add a Exhibition English Black Orpington pair!! So excited! They just arrived yesterday so I want them to feel comfortable around me and their new home before I come up to them with a camere! Lol. But this is a pic I got yesterday

Pics the exhibition breeder sent me of them and their siblings, and they're only about 3-4 months old!!

Wow! They are gorgeous!
Hmmm...now I want some Black Orps to go with my Buffs
smile.png

Do the big English buffs take longer to fill out their breasts? Mine feel thin to me, and I can't tell if they're underweight or it just takes time. They're 20 weeks now, this is a picture from a couple weeks ago:

Do the big English buffs take longer to fill out their breasts? Mine feel thin to me, and I can't tell if they're underweight or it just takes time. They're 20 weeks now, this is a picture from a couple weeks ago:
Pretty Birds!

As far as filling out, they still have some growing to do at 20weeks.
What type of food/treats are you feeding?

Fermented chick starter, meatbird, and a little alfalfa thrown in. They get a very small amount of vegetables thinned from the garden, watermelon, and mealworms.

Last edited:
Fermented chick starter, meatbird, and a little alfalfa thrown in. They get a very small amount of vegetables thinned from the garden, watermelon, and mealworms.
Sounds like a good diet plan
smile.png

I would say they are most likely where they need to be at 20wks.
Mine are hatchery Buffs and a year old, but I swear they are still growing, especially my rooster.

Back
Top Bottom