*Buff Orpington Thread!*

I'm not an expert, but at 5wks old, I say boy.

He's a cutie though:)
The comb is so big so that has me thinking boy too. I'm hoping it's just a fast growing girl but I think I'm just in denial. (We can't have roosters in our city). We ordered 10 hens from a hatchery and are crossing our fingers for no roosters but I know it's not 100%. Only time will tell....egg or crow eventually we will know.

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_7684.PNG
    IMG_7684.PNG
    3.8 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7688.PNG
    IMG_7688.PNG
    4 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7689.PNG
    IMG_7689.PNG
    4 MB · Views: 10
Is it me or is this normal? I've been away for a good 3 weeks and the family have been watching the chickens.

Her feathers on the back look a bit less fluffy and golden, seems discoloured. I think some feathers might have fallen off as it's been quite hot.

I flipped her over and saw her skin is pinkish and wrinkly and a few tail ends still in there.

Is it just me?

Attachments

• IMG_1946.JPG
    IMG_1946.JPG
    642.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1947.JPG
    IMG_1947.JPG
    607.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1948.JPG
    IMG_1948.JPG
    810.2 KB · Views: 6
Is it me or is this normal? I've been away for a good 3 weeks and the family have been watching the chickens.

Her feathers on the back look a bit less fluffy and golden, seems discoloured. I think some feathers might have fallen off as it's been quite hot.

I flipped her over and saw her skin is pinkish and wrinkly and a few tail ends still in there.

Is it just me?

I see signs of missing/broken feathers - do you have a rooster/cockerel?

Is this one low on the pecking order?

Back
Top Bottom