*Buff Orpington Thread!*

Pics
We are new to chicken rising and purchased 5 buff orpingtons about 7 weeks ago. They are beautiful chickens. However we have 3 roosters and 2 hens so it hasn't been fun watching them fight. Not sure what to do.? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I also would love to post pcs but I not know how. Can someone tell me to do that.?

We are new to chicken rising and purchased 5 buff orpingtons about 7 weeks ago. They are beautiful chickens. However we have 3 roosters and 2 hens so it hasn't been fun watching them fight. Not sure what to do.? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I also would love to post pcs but I not know how. Can someone tell me to do that.?

Depending how old they are, and what your planning to do with them, I would say it is time to get them split up. Sometimes when you raise larger numbers together the pecking order gets decided at a very early age. When you put together similar size birds who have never been together they will fight. And if they are all the same size this can go on for quite sometime.

Depending how old they are, and what your planning to do with them, I would say it is time to get them split up.  Sometimes when you raise larger numbers together the pecking order gets decided at a very early age.  When you put together similar size birds who have never been together they will fight.  And if they are all the same size this can go on for quite sometime.
I'm sorry my wording is all wrong. Lol not enough sleep. They are 7 weeks old. I posted pics n a forum. I'm new to this site so I don't know how to tell you to get thereto see them. I'm sure you know though. Lol it's all new to me and one times very confusing especially with this "pecking order" .

They will be fine then. About 7 months old you may see some more fighting. But most likely by then they will have a boss and everyone will know who it is. Good luck with them. Always feel free to ask if you do not know.

I wish the dog had chosen to eat what she killed - it would have slowed her down! She just grabbed, bit, chewed for a second, then went right after another! And another....

Brandyk
I know how you feel because I bought ten chicks and ended up with five roosters and five hens. The roosters really did not fight but they wore all of the feathers off of our hens backs. They would all jump on a hen at one time. I know that is not quite what you asked for but I am just warning you because we had to kill four of our roosters which was not fun at all.

To upload pics you go to your home page and scroll all the way down. Click the upload photos button. From there you hit browse ( if you already haven't uploaded pics ) and you can find pictures in your computer. After you have selected the photos hit upload, after it uploads you can name the pics and then hit save changes. After you have done this go to the place where you want to post the pictures and in the box where you can post replies up in the tool bar at the top of the box you'll see a little picture click on that and choose the one you want to post.
Hope this helps. :)

hi!
i was wondering if anyone on here was selling orpington chicks (buff and / or lavender) in the bangor maine area? i am having a really hard time finding some locally. thanks so much

hi!
i was wondering if anyone on here was selling orpington chicks (buff and / or lavender) in the bangor maine area? i am having a really hard time finding some locally. thanks so much
Try clover run in wilton maine. Also empire farm in poland maine. They are both listing on craigslist.

Back
Top Bottom