*Buff Orpington Thread!*

This is my BO Mildred! She has a sweet personality and I can cuddle her. She also has a great singing voice and sings beautiful melodies.
She is a big girl but she can pick em up and put em down if she is trying to get away from the other girls with a beetle! :cd
in this photo she is looking at a new hen that was in newby isolation for a week.

Last edited:
My beautiful rooster-died!!! I think a snake got him :( anyone know where I can get a mature rooster? Anyone want to ship me a rooster? I would pay for shipping.

I do not want to raise a new chicken, I was excited to see broody hens with chicks coming soon after the summer heat :(

hit.gif

Ok, I have a newbie question.
I have four buffs, which I ordered through a feed store as pullets and they were chicks.
They are now 14-1/2 weeks old, full of personality, very energetic, one turned out to be a roo and they've all been getting along great.
Today when I got home from work I noticed someone has been pulling out feathers, about two dozen or so.
I can't see anyone that looks like they're missing feathers, no fights, no bullying and the temps for this time of year have been beautiful.
Any ideas?

I like my buff orpingtons, but not as much as some of my other birds. I've found that in my mixed flock of australorps, Welsummers, orpingtons, wyandottes, & dorkings... The least friendly and interested in me of all my 20 chickens are the orpingtons! That said, I have them because they are good producers... And if they dont like me I'm not offended. :p

Back
Top Bottom