*Buff Orpington Thread!*

Our precious Peanut laid her first egg this morning at 20 weeks and 3 days! Woo Hoo!! I am beyond excited!! When I opened the nesting boxes for my daily check I am so used to seeing only the ceramic egg in there that I literally did a double take when I saw 2 eggs. The real egg was almost identical to the ceramic egg and the first thought I had was, "How did those crafty chickens get two ceramic eggs into one nesting box." LOL!! I actually had to pick up both eggs to determine which one was real. I am so proud of my little girl!

Congratulations on your eggs too, Debgal. We have had an exciting morning haven't we?
celebrate.gif
YEA!!! I'm so happy for you. My girls are 22 weeks. Still no eggs. We're close. I can feel it. I'm on pins and needles waiting. Can't wait for my turn to post that photo.

Our Buffs are getting big!

The rooster is huge but he's being a good boy.

Abigail our Silkie pullet thinks she's one of the gang.
We keep her in the main run with the buffs because the Silkie boys can't behave themselves.

There's one in every crowd.

Haven't been over here in awhile....thought I'd update. Almost all of my hens are laying now :) Also, had one of my first layers go broody. We decided to let her hatch out some eggs...

Introducing Big Momma and the littles! Have 5 healthy babies. They're about a week old now!

Last edited:
Haven't been over here in awhile....thought I'd update. Almost all of my hens are laying now :) Also, had one of my first layers go broody. We decided to let her hatch out some eggs...

Introducing Big Momma and the littles! Have 5 healthy babies. They're about a week old now!

Oh My, these are the sweetest photos. Thanks for posting. I needed a little sweetness today. Your mama hen looks so happy. I can't wait for one of my BO's to go broody next spring so I can have her raise some babies for me. BO's make the BEST mamas.

Back
Top Bottom