*Buff Orpington Thread!*

This is a copyrighted photo of my Monty, an English Buff Orpington.
Wringneck Poultry in Texas is using this photo without permission. They do not have any Buffs from me, so do not be mislead by this photo.

This is a copyrighted photo of my Monty, an English Buff Orpington.
Wringneck Poultry in Texas is using this photo without permission. They do not have any Buffs from me, so do not be mislead by this photo.
Thanks for the heads-up. You're right - I'd assume it was one of their birds by default. On the bright side, I went to their website after reading your post and I think it's safe to assume anyone knowledgeable about poultry would see it's not a good place to buy chickens. They stress their "heritage" chickens but then list Danish Browns (production leghorn) as one of their breeds for sale. Also the picture they posted of a Danish Brown has such an extreme case of squirrel tail that it ain't funny. So I think any chicken owner worth their salt would pass them up just by looking at their website. Unfortunately a lot of people that are just starting out would probably find their birds weren't what they thought after they grew up.

I bought my buffs near the end of summer and they have laid an egg to this day (freeloaders lol). They just don't get enough sun now here in London
sad.png
. 7:30am sunrise and 4:30pm sunset.
Summer needs to hurry up
smile.png

Same here. I marked my calendar at 20 weeks for my hens. This is when I have read that hens usually start laying, but no eggs yet for us and 20 weeks fell on Dec. 7. Now I have also figured that due to the limited daylight hours that it may take until late January or even February when the days get longer before eggs start showing up. I am not worried too much. They will come soon.

Thanks for the heads-up. You're right - I'd assume it was one of their birds by default. On the bright side, I went to their website after reading your post and I think it's safe to assume anyone knowledgeable about poultry would see it's not a good place to buy chickens. They stress their "heritage" chickens but then list Danish Browns (production leghorn) as one of their breeds for sale. Also the picture they posted of a Danish Brown has such an extreme case of squirrel tail that it ain't funny. So I think any chicken owner worth their salt would pass them up just by looking at their website. Unfortunately a lot of people that are just starting out would probably find their birds weren't what they thought after they grew up. 

X2!

Back
Top Bottom