Buff Orpington

Good Idea. I ordered 3 buff orpingtons and 3 ameraucanas (witch I now know are easter eggers) and bought 2 barred rocks a couple weeks later at the tractor supply. I have a couple videos with all of them. Will try to download.

Mahers feed store in town. I am in Holly, Michigan. I asked where he got the chicks from and he gave me a name which I can't remember in Zeeland, Michigan on the west side of the state.

The 3 BO all look alike except one is a hen and the other 2 are roosters. Same coloring and everything. Here is a picture of the hen. Same age. 4 months old.

Video not working.

Those are all reds - not BO's - it is all too easy for chicks to get mixed up at the feed store when they get the hatchery order and it's unpacked by someone unfamiliar with all the breeds, etc - especially since many breeds are pretty similar as chicks. Also, your "Ameraucanas" are, as I suspected, actually Easter Eggers - they are a mixed breed bird that can lay blue/green eggs - but you can also still get cream/"pink" appearing eggs from them as not all EE will lay blue/green due to being mixed breeds. This is VERY common with birds sold by hatcheries/feed stores as "Ameraucana"

Yep not Buffs
goodpost.gif

But who is the gril in the picture?

Back
Top Bottom