Buff Orpingtons Laying Age

I'm having a similar issue! My silver-laced orpingtons are 27 weeks now and I've not seen a peep from them! They're bottom of the pecking order and the older chickens are very bossy. Not agressive as such, just making the orpingtons sleep i a different bit of the run, wait for food etc. Could that affect the lay?

My orpingtons were over a year old when they started laying. Both started at the same time! I still have no idea why! They were around other chickens and definitely spoilt :)

We've had our four BO for several weeks but unsure of the exact age when we got them. They've definitely grown a lot and it's interesting some of you mention the comb turning more red, I noticed that just yesterday and hadn't even read this yet! It's neat how that stuck out to me and I had no idea the significance... my little girls get more and more exciting, thanks for the info everyone!

My 2 BO's are going on 22 weeks and they have been red faced for several weeks and are filling out, especially "Butters" lol!! What color eggs do BO lay? Anyone have some pics:)

I have a question, I have one BO and other breeds, Wyandotte, Golden Comet and RIR...I'm a newbie...Well, my girls are only 5 days old and will be coming of age during the winter....Will they start laying in winter? or will I be waiting for spring?

My 2 BO's are going on 22 weeks and they have been red faced for several weeks and are filling out, especially "Butters" lol!! What color eggs do BO lay? Anyone have some pics:)

Back
Top Bottom