Buff Orpingtons

cthrash1

Songster
11 Years
Apr 15, 2008
Somerset, KY
the following Buff Orps are a week shy of 4 months old. I know for sure the one next to the wall is a girl, pretty sure the one on the outside is a girl, and the one in the middle may be also as it was slow to develop and it's comb, face, wattles are paler right now than the othe two because of it's slower development. The other two are already turning reddish in the face, etc... So I expect they'll be laying by the end of next month. Just wanted some opinions on the smaller one in the middle.
photo3-44.jpg

ETA: the one by the wall had the middle longer tail feathers also before the rest of her tail filled in.

Last edited:
Its hard to say with the angle of the pic, perhaps a facial pic would be a little better. There all very similar in size. I went a good 4 months thinking one of my buff orps was a roo, until she popped an egg out
lol.png

Oh yeah! Didn't think about crowing!!! Duh! Lol they haven't crowed at all they just talk chip chip to each other all the time, and the flock roo doesn't beat them up either. Should have given me a hint there huh, lol!!!

I have 4 of these,,,1 rooser and 3 hens.The rooster was being a pain,,,but he and I have had 2 battles now.He is settling down.Waiting for eggs now!!! Kevin
pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif
all 3 look to be hens!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom