Buff orpingtons

I love my ORPS!!! They are the sweetest chickens in the world. And this website says that they only lay like 3 eggs a week, mine lay for about 9 days and then take a day off. They are the kindest most giving little ladies! I do love them so!

That is the only breed currently in my brooder! Well, except for one easter egger, whom I thought was a partridge rock.

Last edited:
I raise Buff Orpingtons and in 3 yrs. I have yet to have one go broody. All my chicks have been incubator hatched. I think it depends on the strain they come from. I got mine from breeders. Sometimes I think I would have done better with hatchery stock LOL.

Here's my Alfa Roo and his Ladies

9 months old X-mas 2011

I have BO hens and I love 'em! Started out with 25 but lost 11 or so to predators :/

the one thing I don't like about mine are that they constantly go broody........I think all of mine have been broody at one time or another :rolleyes: I don't have roosters and no plans to hatch, so it's rather annoying at times. At this rate I'll have to build a seperate broody coop because I am tired of having to shuffle them in & out of the cage :p

I can't believe the chicken laying on the dog!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom