Buff Orpingtons

Quote:
Well I went out this morning to get you some, but I had a little problem.... The chickens are too nice!!!
tongue.png
lau.gif
They won't leave you alone!!! I'm trying to snap pics of the buffies and they keep getting in the way!!

Rosey red- the nicest RIR I've ever seen! She pecks at you until you start petting her!!!!
100_6497.jpg

OK, there's one shot. Sweetie Pie, Honey Bear, Ginger, and Big Momma
100_6512.jpg

Then Sweetie Pie sees Rosey sitting on my lap..... They're like 3 year olds with toys. If one’s got it, the others have to have it too!!
100_6503.jpg

Of course, I don't mind. She's one sweet(hence the name) chicky-poo
100_6509.jpg

100_6508.jpg

100_6505.jpg

She told me she was ready for her close up.... Click here(video)

Then she heard somebody squawking and had to go see what was up. I was left to snap in peace...
100_6493.jpg

What beautiful chickens you have. The RIR is nice and dark and the Orpingtons are really wide in the body. Very nice.
love.gif
You must have gotten them from a good breeder.

Quote:
Thank you.
smile.png
I love them a lot and they are very important to me. My layers are spoiled beyond belief. I spend some serious time trying to make things good for them. But I wouldn’t have it any other way. I totally believe that if you treat them right, they know it. They certainly seem to understand.

Quote:
I got them from McMurray this past March. I bought some other birds(not orps) from another hatchery, but they were not even in the same league as MM. NO place else for me in the future.

I love my 6 week old bo's too - they are very gentle and sweet but not very bright. For some reason they all seem to love this little shelf we put over the waterer (because they kept knocking it over).

DSC03449.jpg

Out of 12, we only have one bright one:

DSC03451.jpg

But I do love them all. I can spend hours playing with them!

Here's one of our cuties! This one's name is "Li'l Chick" Not sure if it's a he or a she? But Li'l Chick loves to get on Nate's shoulder!

10510_dsc01235.jpg

I hope the image worked out, I forget how to post them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom