Buff Orpingtons

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by max13077, Jul 18, 2008.

1. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

I decided to get buffies because I read they were easy going and friendly. I never expected they’d be quite this nice. They’re like my dog!!! I get in the car in the morning, they’re freaking out cause I going! I drive in the driveway, they’re piled in the corner on top of each other squawking and squalling!!

I have eight of them total. Seven are super nice. I was in the pen this morning watering and feeding when the one who's kind of standoffish came over. I bent down and held out a hand. She eased over and put her bill on my finger. I scratched her waddled, she clucked quietly. It was cute. God, I’m a wuss…..

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Naaaa, your not a wuss.....they are the friendliest of my bunch here as well. Even the roo. I just LOVE my Buffs!

3. andy

andy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    grimsby,,,{England}
    yeahh meee tooooo !!!!!

4. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    We had buff orpingtons also. They were very gentle birds. Our rooster was named King David(because he had a harem).

5. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

My buffs are the friendliest, too, except for Stumpy, the rooster, he's not happy with me because I had to keep catching him to cover his butt with Vicks, the girls were constantly picking his tailfeathers out and he had a bloody bum [​IMG] I do wish I could keep him, but if he's noisy (as he no doubt will be) he'll have to go. [​IMG]

6. hdchic

hdchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    IL
    My buff roo is very standoff-ish. He was bought at a swap, and was pretty much 'wild' when I got him. Ah well, he's good to his girls, and thats what matters to me!

7. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    We're getting some BOs soon! Getting some chicks from Cara on here! Can't wait!!!

I've wanted BOs for 16 years! Way back when I first started wanting chickens. Now, 16 years later, I'm finally startin my flock.

8. andy

andy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    grimsby,,,{England}
    photos please

9. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    I have three BO and wouldnt trade them for anything.
    Audrey comes running over when I open the brooder and jumps on my hand to be held. Mae and Olivia are a bit shy. But they arent as pushy about it.
    I plan on making a designer chicken carrier for Audrey so I can take her everywhere with me. Paris has her little toy dog and I have my BO Audrey:D

10. computer_chicken

computer_chicken Out Of The Brooder

Jun 18, 2008
    Eastern PA
    I have 4 Buffs they are now just over 8 weeks old, and they are all friendly although one of them seems to be a bit stupid compared to the others. That would be the one to the back of the picture. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by