Buff Silkie Thread!

pic or a dark buff showgirl cockerl
80875_189164_10150180992320609_747610608_8883152_7410907_n.jpg

80875_buff_showgirl_rooster_2.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I remember reading on the ASBC forum, something about when you get rid of the black/blue coloring, it will get replaced with white. He does have a nice dark comb. How are his eyes? Dark?

His eyes are dark, he still has alot of filling out to do, he's almost 6mos now. I just really noticed that the other day, his hackles have so much light in them. Everything else on him is good. He loves the ladies already lol

Quote:
I remember reading on the ASBC forum, something about when you get rid of the black/blue coloring, it will get replaced with white. He does have a nice dark comb. How are his eyes? Dark?

His eyes are dark, he still has alot of filling out to do, he's almost 6mos now. I just really noticed that the other day, his hackles have so much light in them. Everything else on him is good. He loves the ladies already lol

Has he been out in the sun?

Quote:

Has he been out in the sun?

No actually he's in a growout coop

Quote:
lovely
the reason u see a lot dark burrd comb color seem to be too light most light bird glad see he has nicely colored comb if u breed him to darker hen u be alright

He is carrying splash.

What a wonderful thread! We LOVE buffs. If we had more room we would be working with them seriously for sure. We like the lighter of the buff color.

We were trying for a while to use our buff hen Penelope to start a porcelain project but her chicks never seemed to survive he cross. When we start using a new rooster we may try again but it didn't seem right to keep trying when we didn't have the space to do it right anyway. She loves being our sweet pet with the yard chickens... might feel bad confining her for even part of the day to collect her eggs. She is the fiercest chicken we have for sure.

Here's our girl 'Penelope'...

68297_penelopie_1.jpg

68297_penelopie_2.jpg

68297_penelopie_3.jpg

~Darling Farms

Quote:
lovely
the reason u see a lot dark burrd comb color seem to be too light most light bird glad see he has nicely colored comb if u breed him to darker hen u be alright

He is carrying splash.

Would that screw up his offspring?

Back
Top Bottom