Buff Silkie Thread!

Quote:
Okay, looked through the new SOP this weekend. Page 35 is not a comprehensive list of breeds that have buff. Look at the standard for silkies (didn't check the page number, but it is towards the back of the book), and for buff plumage, they specifically refer you to the definition on page 35. If you look at other varieties, they also do not give complete breed lists.

Ahh okay, thanks for the clarification!

What's up with this chick? From my buff pen. I've gotten 3 or 4 of these so far this year, but this one is the darkest I have gotten. I've been selling them off as pets. This one hatched yesterday, 4/23.

Any ideas whats going on here? Or is it just a bad buff?

Easterchicks027.jpg
Easterchicks026.jpg
Easterchicks024.jpg
Easterchicks019.jpg

I have so far only had one that has a some strange coloring going on it has some blackish feathering in its crest....I did have one hen that came from this batch and tho she didn't have much smut I noticed a bunch of her mates had strange black feather patterns...my guess is some partridge maybe in the background somewhere...they are kind of cute tho...

Quote:
Gosh, I have no clue. It is so cute though!
love.gif

Have you ever kept one, just to see what color it turned out to be?

No, never kept one.

Maybe you should keep this one.
smile.png

I wonder, if the chick will turn buff later on?
hu.gif

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
No, never kept one.

Maybe you should keep this one.
smile.png

I wonder, if the chick will turn buff later on?
hu.gif

Extremely unlikely. In this one all the melanizers lined up to make a dark bird.

Well I just had a mystery chick hatch out too...didnt do any buffs this time and had a perfect little partridge pop out...Surprise...only white, splash, blues and black..hmm

Back
Top Bottom