"Buff" Silkies I was shipped.. :( UPDATE!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by SundownWaterfowl, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puddle Foot Farm

Puddle Foot Farm Songster

Aug 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Keep us updated! They really should give you a refund or actual buffs.. But, I meant.. What are you doing with the chicks that you have now? Are you going to cull or give them away or what?

2. Quote:Oh.. Well Im not going to cull them, seeing as its not the chicks fault. It dont have the heart to do that. I think I will be using them as broody hens next spring/summer.

3. Puddle Foot Farm

Puddle Foot Farm Songster

Aug 20, 2008
    Maryland
    I was hoping you'd say that! Maybe they'll be mostly hens and be the best broodies ever. [​IMG] I'm trying to bring in optimism.. [​IMG]

4. Thats a good idea. They will make great broodies and good pets.

I would ask for a refund, but I wouldn't ask for any more buffs. Especially because you are going to be breeding. Now that you've seen what kinds of genes are contained in her buff lines, do you really want to introduce those to your birds? Get your money back, and buy some more from Fluff N Stuffs, or someone else with impeccable stock...

5. Quote:Yeah. I will see what she says and hopefully she offers a full refund, and if not I will ask her. I think I will try some more FlufNStuff eggs next year, since the chicks I got are amazing.

6. tinners204

tinners204 Songster

Jul 12, 2008
    Iowa
    No comments back that's not good.

7. TheTeenyTinyFarm

TheTeenyTinyFarm Songster

Sep 23, 2008
    Elberon, Virginia
    Those poor little chickies with the crooked beaks [​IMG] Does it affect how they eat? They are probably going to sweet as can be too!!!

How do I look into FluffnStuff?

8. Kanchii

Kanchii Songster

Poor chicks, and poor you for getting them! :mad: Ugg, I'd be very dissapointed. Let me know what the breeder says, I'm interested

9. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Songster

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Often times, an off-colored buff will end up being the most gorgeous, even buff color as it ages...with each molt, it will lose much of the black. You'd be best off keeping those off colored ones, and watching how they feather out over time. [​IMG]

Sorry that you were sent several birds with DQs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: