Bug zapper in chicken coop?

WhoDatChick

Eggstatic Fanatic!
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Sep 6, 2018
Nawlins, Louisiana
Does anyone have experience with using a bug zapper in the coop for mosquitoes? We have them so badly that some of the gals are choosing to sleep in the run instead... if I stick my head in the roosting area I can hear them swarming around! There are so many it’s ridiculous!!

Last edited:
Does anyone have experience with using a bug zapper in the coop for mosquitoes? We have them so badly that some of the gals are choosing to sleep in the run instead... if I stick my head in the roosting area I can hear them swarming around! There are so many it’s ridiculous!!
Have you tried putting a box fan in there and leaving it on high for the night blowing across the birds? That makes it difficult for the mosquitoes to land on them.

Have you tried putting a box fan in there and leaving it on high for the night blowing across the birds? That makes it difficult for the mosquitoes to land on them.
I do use a fan but it cannot reach all areas and does little good unfortunately... I use it for cooling while they sleep...

Back
Top Bottom