Bugs on bators?

LinckHillPoultry

Songster
12 Years
Jan 17, 2008
Pennsylvania
I just recieved 2 incubators from a friend. Both LG's, but different varieties. I also recieved 2 automatic turners, one that doesn't have the proper incubator ment for it. But anyways, when I got them, I was about to take the one inside and fire it up to hatch some chicks, when I noticed little itty bitty white bugs crawling on it. I've seen them before, but would I just wipe the incubator off? Or should I rinse the whole thing out? Btw, they are styrafoam.

Thanks
smile.png

You should always disinfect a bator used by someone else. I'd spray it with a bleach solution in the bathtub, let it sit, the scrub with a toothbrush, then rinse with hot water and let it dry in the sun if possible. The top with the mechanics of it should be wiped out with a rag with the same solution or Clorox Anywhere Spray. That will get rid of bugs and germs.

Last edited:
Scrub with a toothbrush? OMG, that would take sometime to clean. Wouldn't it be easier to use a bottle brush its alot bigger and cover more area. And alot of hot water to rinse all the nasty away. Clean everthing if possible.

Back
Top Bottom