Build a Chunnel...

this is a wonderful idea! thanks for sharing this.

you are right about Home Depot. The guys at my local HD have helped me tremendously with my coop build. I took my measurements and had them cut the 4x8 sheets of siding panels, I basically only had to cut out the doors and windows!!!! unload the pieces and nail em up! gotta love it!

I love this idea! I might use my dog kennel for a run and it's about 20 feet away from the shed I'm converting into a coop, so a chunnel would save me from having to buy or build another run for the time being.

Sorry I didn't answer right away. I'm not on backyardchickens.com very often these days, but I did run out and measure and it's about 20.5 inches center pole to center pole and then the hardware cloth wrappes around the outside making it about 22 inches at the ground. I don't think there's any wrong way, I just was trying to maximize my width versus height for my girls to run through. Have fun. Post pics!

Grrrrr... Just had two client no shows, and thus I'm looking at ways to be a bad influence on the Boss's wife. She wants to be a farmer with a garden, goats, and chickens. Boss has been kinda negative about that idea, and kinda throws shade my way about being her enabler.
lol.png
wink.png
Kinda thinking with their yard and schedule here, the best set up for them to be to have a coop inside of a large run, and maybe set up a couple of chunnels just for different places to go to, hang out in, access grass or go around the garden.

Back
Top Bottom