1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Building a 4x4 coop..need suggestions please

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Hen Daddy, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Hen Daddy

Hen Daddy Out Of The Brooder

Aug 20, 2008
    Vancouver, WA
    Yet another coop post...lol

We have to build a 4x4 for our 8-10wk old chicks/teens before it starts getting really cold here. Currently they are living in a really big dog house, but thats not gonna work for too much longer. So I want some ideas of really easy coop plans or ideas for our coop.

We will be lifting it off the ground and it will need space for two nest boxes. All I can picture in my head is a square on legs with a side part for the nest boxes.

Does anyone have any plans they can post, or know of some online we can look at?

Thanks so much,

~Caran (hogging Craigs account again...sheesh maybe I should just login on my on account..lol)

2. chicken stalker

chicken stalker TOS Rocks!

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    When we built our coop we put a small door behind the nesting boxes. This is so we can access the nests with out going into the coop or the run. Great for kids. They don't come running into the house with poo on thier shoes from going inside the run/coop.[​IMG]

3. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    At the top of the Forum Index page, click on "coop designs" and you should be able to find loads of examples!! Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by