Building a drill mounted chicken plucker....

kingmt - My plucker is designed to be used on a 1/2" drill. Works very good, and ebay sales have been good with all positive feedback.
In my earlier response I never said anything about your plucker, why would you talk bad about mine? It would be very easy for me to trash yours
but I chose not to.

I don't like the taste of a bird that young so I haven't tried. I have tried to scald duck & it just doesn't work. Dry plucking duck takes a lot longer to pluck the a scalded chicken & only gets about 80% of the feathers. A scalded chicken gets almost all of them.

RWD

I'm not trashing yours. It looks well made. Even on a 1/2" drill with it being that long it needs supported on the far end. I thought about building one like it myself. If you mount it to a board You could have one like are selling for $400. Just trying to give what I believe is helpful advice.

Who makes your plucking fingers? Do you have a template for drilling?

I don't know how you sell it that cheap & think it is worth your time. I'd beef it up a bit & charge a price a little more fare to yourself.

I'm not trying to get rich & don't even sell many since you & the other person on eBay started selling. I just want to offer a tool that works for a price fare to myself & the buyer. My design is easy to handle, easy to ship cheap, & Even tho I haven't tore up a drill I know it is harder on them then a drill bit but is as easy as I can make it without losing handling or shipping.

ETA:Maybe I need to read your suggestions for proper use of your tool.

Last edited:
It is made to dry pluck ducks, quail, and made for hunters. Most hunters dont carry scald water with them. It is not a chicken plucker.

Maybe the difference is merely in dry feathers vs. wet feathers. In the reviews, nearly all of them stated the Cabelas plucker was ineffective if the waterfowl was wet, which was the major downfall of marketing a plucker for waterfowl hunters. All the reviews stated the plucker was very effective on any waterfowl as long as they were dry as a bone. Perhaps the shorter fingers would work as well on the chickens if they were just dry instead of wet? Has anyone done a comparison of short vs. long and wet vs. dry of both types?

Back
Top Bottom