Building a hatcher

We shall see. It probably would be easier but wouldn’t be exactly what I envisioned.
So I drew up a plan based on the single layer of eggs design. Fairly simple cut list for a 31 1/2"W x 221/2"D and 12" H exterior dimensions Not not sure how large you are willing to go. This size hatch would hold 120 + chicken eggs. Top mounted fan / heat element. Swing
down front door design similar to the old single tray Busckeye redwood incubators. Built out of 1x12x8 dimenional lumber, the cabinet would run around $125 including hardware and finish in my area. Plywood would be cheaper. There are are also stain grade panels available at Home Depot and Lowes. The glue up work for larger pieces already done.

So I drew up a plan based on the single layer of eggs design. Fairly simple cut list for a 31 1/2"W x 221/2"D and 12" H exterior dimensions Not not sure how large you are willing to go. This size hatch would hold 120 + chicken eggs. Top mounted fan / heat element. Swing
down front door design similar to the old single tray Busckeye redwood incubators. Built out of 1x12x8 dimenional lumber, the cabinet would run around $125 including hardware and finish in my area. Plywood would be cheaper. There are are also stain grade panels available at Home Depot and Lowes. The glue up work for larger pieces already done.
I do love the look of some of the old incubators. They looked so much better than today’s plastic and particle board ones. If you feel like sharing your design I’m sure many of us would love to see it.

I do love the look of some of the old incubators. They looked so much better than today’s plastic and particle board ones. If you feel like sharing your design I’m sure many of us would love to see it.
Is the incukit you plan on using the advanced or basic controller. The advanced mounts in a cutout in the cabinet while the basic is external mount.

I missed the post where you said you would pattern the hatchers dimensions based on a sportsmans hatching tray. I was thinking you were looking for higher egg capacity. I think just one fan- heater unit will work for a smaller hatcher.

I missed the post where you said you would pattern the hatchers dimensions based on a sportsmans hatching tray. I was thinking you were looking for higher egg capacity. I think just one fan- heater unit will work for a smaller hatcher.
it doesn’t have to be that size, that was just the hatching tray I already have. I could easily build a different tray.

Back
Top Bottom