Building an Incubator, I have Question?

n2thestorm5032

Songster
11 Years
Feb 23, 2008
Sparta (Spartucky), Michigan
What are those things called that will shut off the heat when it gets to hot, I know its called a thermostat, but can you hook a thermostat up to light bulb cord and have it shut off when it is supposed to, or can you use a regular thermostat, or do is there an electrical heat timer thing!

So if anyone can understand what I said, lol please help me!

If you are talking about using a thermostat like out of a house, then no you cant do this it will not carry the load. Here is my home made bator I used a thermostat for a little giant. It cost like $30 on eBay. Notice I have it mounted in the right of the pic under my fan. It holds temp very well.

12521_101_0435.jpg

ericbrbr, are you going into the hatchery business? Just curious, cause you made such a giant bator and spent so much money on it.

Thats is only a fraction of what a New cabinet style would cost. I have already got several orders to hatch locally on the halves. So I would say "yes" small time. Thanks

Yes I do use light bulbs for heat. When I first completed the incubator I ran it on one bulb to make sure that one could heat the entire bator in case of the other bulb burning out. I would always recommmend using atleast 2 bulbs because they wont last forever. I just added my humidity pail yesterday. I had to put some 3/4" dowels in the bottom of the pan to make legs due to the little space I have. It looks very large but it is an older smaller fridge. At first I thought it would be to small but I like the size because I got everything in it that I had planned and takes up little space. Thanks

12521_101_0467.jpg

12521_101_0468.jpg

Back
Top Bottom