Building an Incubator

I would rather see you get a digital where you set the temp than a dial where you have to work out where 99.5 is. It would work but wouldn't you rather set 99.5 and then get to see what the temp is.

I would rather see you get a digital where you set the temp than a dial where you have to work out where 99.5 is. It would work but wouldn't you rather set 99.5 and then get to see what the temp is.

Yes, true. I think there are a few that actually are digital on there. I'm glad something like that will work though, I would like to be able to get one at a pet store or something so I don't have to order it.
Thanks again for your help!

So I finally got around to ordering a thermostat, and it should be in on Monday!!
celebrate.gif
Once I get that I can start putting the incubator together. I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself lol!

So I finally got around to ordering a thermostat, and it should be in on Monday!!
celebrate.gif
Once I get that I can start putting the incubator together. I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself lol!

Watch out the addiction is already taking hold of you.
gig.gif
just wondering if you have checked out the DIY incubator threads ? Once operational make sure to calibrate everything setting a digital controller at 99.5 degrees does not mean its right . check check and recheck everything .

Last edited:
Watch out the addiction is already taking hold of you.
gig.gif
just wondering if you have checked out the DIY incubator threads ?
lau.gif
Yep, I'm already addicted and I haven't even started !
I have read through some of them but they are mostly old ones. Do you have any recommendations of good ones I can read up on?

lau.gif
Yep, I'm already addicted and I haven't even started !
I have read through some of them but they are mostly old ones. Do you have any recommendations of good ones I can read up on?
They are all pretty basic and yes old . There are many different designs to chose from . problem is I am not good at posting links. a lot are built without even having a DIY thread on them . For instance @ Banty Chooks started a thread and built a incubator out of a tote . Let me see If I can learn how to post a link.

They are all pretty basic and yes old . There are many different designs to chose from . problem is I am not good at posting links. a lot are built without even having a DIY thread on them . For instance @ Banty Chooks started a thread and built a incubator out of a tote . Let me see If I can learn how to post a link.
Okay, thank you.
I was originally going to start with MissPrissy's design since it was made from a Styrofoam cooler, but ended up finding some newer versions. I think I have somewhat of an idea to start with.

Back
Top Bottom