building an incubator

Ok I built this to hold a lot of egg turners but the vent pipes are in the way. I forgot about that. But for 2 turners to fit on one shelf you have to take a grinder to the end of the turners and remove 1/2" off of each. I'm going to modify this and run my tubing out side of the egg box. Also mine is out side and needs to be cleaned I will bring in in for any new hatchings. I lost 4 racks of eggs in my last hatching from it being out side during the summer.

I will have to show this to dbf. I like it but it maybe to big. Not sure what route we are going yet. I have been stalking Cl for something to use.

Also you will see two light fixtures in the heat box. The plans were to have a back up bulb to kick on if it ever got below 97 but never got around to it. I suggest doing this as with the bulb running 24/7 and all the heat with no cooling they go out ALOT.

Ok I have my thermostat hooked up to the fan in the heat box and the 2nd fan in the egg box runs 24/7. I suggest running the unit for 2 days with a thermostat that has a memory so you can do adjustments to the unit. It you find you unit is running to much you can place a larger bulb in it or block off some of the upper vent holes. No more then 1/2 of them. Also keep lots of bulbs on hand.

Fans 19.00 x2
Duct 5.00 x2
Light Fixtures 4.99 x2
Duct tape 8.00
Fridge free
Scrap wire free
Thermostat. 21.00 eBay
Egg turners. 46.00 x6 at southern states not all pictured

I think this is everything I used

Back
Top Bottom