Building My Coop And Run

BlueLagoonRabbitry

Songster
11 Years
Jan 17, 2009
Western Iowa
I just was wanting to know how big would a coop and run need to be for 4 Sebastopol geese? I just bought some deer netting to make a run thats 28'x25' and it will make a 400 sq ft run and only cost me $15 for the top netting. So run will be probaly 20'x20' would a 4x6 coop work?? That will be 24 sq ft.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Book of Geese by Dave Holderread recommends 10-20 sq ft per bird so it sounds about right. I've never seen geese kept in a run--they're always out running around splashing in ponds.

I use deer netting to keep my Sebs out of the veggie garden. I have had two problems, so heads up. Once, one gander caught his foot and got tangled in the net. Later in the season they learned to pull up the stakes and go UNDER the deer netting. AND then they learned to bulldoze it and go OVER the netting!. They are very strong and smart! Also, that netting will not keep predators out. I actually ended up using a barricade of dead branches around the garden about two ft. thick and 3ft. high, and it worked great. I'm putting up permanent fencing this Spring.

Quote:
Oh my gosh! Chickens aren't as smart as geese, right? Please tell me chickens are dumber than geese. My husband wants some but I'll just have him read this post tonight.

.Oh my gosh! Chickens aren't as smart as geese, right? Please tell me chickens are dumber than geese. My husband wants some but I'll just have him read this post tonight.

lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

My chickens are smarter in some ways, and less so in others! They are very different!

Back
Top Bottom