Building my first coop all recycled (pics) Updated 1st post 4/18

looking good. dont rush it... sounds like your building will be nice and secure. i know it seems like its taking a long time, but if its done right the first time, you shouldnt have problems. weather looks good tomorrow!!
smile.png

I wish I had tomorrow off. I would have all the walls built LOL ok ok not really but I have to work a 16 so no hammering at midnight for me
wink.png
But I do have m-w off
woot.gif
Rain, sun, snow whatever I am getting this thing done eventually.

I must be in a nesting phase... darn eggs in the bator coming out next week. Those little fuzzies will get me going on it.

Love what you did with the one window - how it's hinged to open. Will you prop it open with something or put some hook in the wall with a wire to keep it pulled up?

I found your thread to follow along with your build - it is coming along really well! You have so much done and I just LOVE that you are able to find wood and building supplies! You are soooo lucky! We have been watching and looking just for windows and a door and have had no luck (never mind wood or linoleum). We were lucky enough to score a large dog crate at our "dump" recycling room which I am going to use as my brooder! SCORE! The rest of this week and the weekend look to be really good building weather!
lol.png

eb220ef9.jpg

Both of the windows are going to opened with a string or wire attached to a hook of some sort. The long window on the top is going to be mainly for ventilation and the bigger window in the center will be for warmer days. I set a 2x6 on the sill of the window to make it easier for the peeps to hang out and look out of during bad weather.

Looks like tomorrows weather and saturdays as well are going to be decent so I should be able to get the door on and the rest of the siding up... Then to just finish off the roof and just some cosmetic work including cutting 3" boards to cover the gaps between the siding boards to give more draft protection.

Back
Top Bottom