Building my first coop all recycled (pics) Updated 1st post 4/18

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Emmalion, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Emmalion

Emmalion Songster

Mar 2, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    updated 4/10

2. mcf3kids

mcf3kids Songster

Mar 24, 2011
    Such great weather to work on our coops!! Yours is coming along so nicely! I love how you have your chicken ramp as the length of the wall when it is closed! I am so jealous you were able to find or locate used supplies - enjoy the day today! [​IMG]

3. Emmalion

Emmalion Songster

Mar 2, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    Quote:Thanks! I wanted to do that with the ramp and thankfully I was able to pull it off. I still have to replace the hinge with a heavier duty one.

Last night after I posted I painted the nest boxes and the interior part of the door. Can't wait to get this done. The group was checking it out yesterday as I was painting. I had the door and ramp open and they were very interested. I think they know its going to be theirs soon.

4. NHchicks

NHchicks Songster

May 13, 2010
    And a pond right there - water supply! Fun watching the ice melt off that pond in your pictures. Unless I'm seeing things.

5. Emmalion

Emmalion Songster

Mar 2, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    Nope your not seeing things. It is all melted now and the Canadian Geese have come back for the summer.

I have 4 Pekin duck eggs in the bator on week 2 right now. I can't have a pond without ducks [​IMG]

6. Emmalion

Emmalion Songster

Mar 2, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    updated pics on first post

7. Tool

Tool In the Brooder

Apr 25, 2011
    I love the look. It fits in really well. Thanks for sharing.

8. Kudzu

Kudzu Songster

Mar 27, 2011
    Very nice, I love all the hardwood timber, you have a pretty place to live.

9. krcote

krcote Songster

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    Love it!

10. roadrunnerred

roadrunnerred In the Brooder

Apr 21, 2011
    Great job
    I know what you mean about the weather this year, but looks like you got around it and got it done. What a great helper, I think he deserves his own tool belt...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: