Building new 2 story coop/office for hatchery |*PICS*|

I would still encourage you to check with your county regarding building permits/inspections. Even if you are zoned agricultural... I would hate for the county to tell you to take it down because it doesn't pass their inspection, or you didn't have the proper permits... I've seen it happen when we lived in Oklahoma - neighbor put an addition onto his house, thought he could get away with no paperwork because no one would notice the addition. Ooops! Two years later, he was forced to tear it down, because it didn't meet code/inspection and he never had permits.

It's not going to be very inconspicous with it being a 2-story building, and if you have nosy neighbors, or inspectors cruising by, they might be able to see it pretty easy.

Where I live now is zoned agricultural, but I STILL need to submit simple site drawings for any structure I build that is under a certain square footage. Permits/inspections/engineered drawings are required for anything above that square footage.

I would be worried about all that weight of the building sitting on this cinder blocks that are on topsoil. I know in Virginia that would never pass building code. I would be worried about it settling. And possible problems down the road. I'm gonna get off my soap box now.

Okay, so as an Architect, I love your idea! ...but the construction method concerns me. Being in Ohio we have to make sure the foundation of any substantial structure is down to the frost line of 3'. I'm not sure what it is in your location, but I'm concerned with frost heaves. I'd hate to see your hard work go to waste because the ground has heaved or settled.
hu.gif

Okay, so as an Architect, I love your idea! ...but the construction method concerns me. Being in Ohio we have to make sure the foundation of any substantial structure is down to the frost line of 3'. I'm not sure what it is in your location, but I'm concerned with frost heaves. I'd hate to see your hard work go to waste because the ground has heaved or settled.
hu.gif
Not sure NC has frost heaves issues...but still.
But I'm curious, as an architect akb77, what do you make of the window 'headers'?

Back
Top Bottom