building new incubator and hatcher combined unit a couple of questions

florasbell

Songster
8 Years
May 1, 2011
germany
my new incubator and hatcher is going to be a all in one basically it has a heat/water compartment in the bottom which will have a fan that will blow the hot/humid air up into the incubator which will house a turner/ tilting table and a small vent in the side .... (1) will a turn/ tilt every 10 mins be to much as this is what the motor i have found will do? and above that will sit the hatcher which has a few holes in the bottom to allow the air to travel into it... (2) would a fan be better but i dont want alot of blowy air up there as can cause problems for hatching? i will then place a small viewing small watts bulb in there so i can see the action lol and a small vent the whole thing stands 110cm high by 45cm width and dept made of pine sealed with bees wax ...(3) is there anything i have missed there will be a thermo/hydrometer in both incubator and hatcher . i havent built it yet just putting together the planes will be starting tomo and it will be a work in progress for a few weeks yet any advice in this matter would be great thank you

Eggs are generally turned 3-4 times per day. You can slow that turner down by putting it on a timer so it only runs every 6 hours, just long enough to tilt the eggs.

No telling how your plan will work. Put it together and test it.

Computer fans are popular for incubators, because they move a small volume of air. You don't really need air movement so much as you need to mix the air to keep the temperatures more even.

Back
Top Bottom