building paradise for the birds

Pics
yeah I guess if its small enough...but shipping a fridge incubator might be costly...well hope everyone had a great merry Christmas...

yeah I guess if its small enough...but shipping a fridge incubator might be costly...well hope everyone had a great merry Christmas...

Naw dont need an incubator.... I am going the broody rout.... AND I have a Genesis 1588.... If I need any more than that I will hatch through a woman that has a cabinet bator and hatches for other people for a fee. I would not be hatching on a regular basis so it would be worth it for me.

I will only need to incubate and brood when I first start out.

deb

well I was able to get some of the timber I needed....another two hundred down the drain...lol....well I can get the base done of the next three coups so that is what I will be doing this weekend....breaking up solid ground and setting in the bases on Monday or Tuesday I will get the rest of the boards needed to finish....so on my merry way I go...got the chicken coop and peafowl coop cleaned and tommarow morning Im setting out bedding for the birds....and then the day shall be great...I cant wait for this base to be done...im tired of building...I just wanna sit back and look at everything and say finally its done till after winter...in due time...till then hope everyone had a great Christmas...birdman out

@birdman55 One thing I wanted to mention. Most hatching, I use still air at lockdown. Although I have the Sportsman 1502, I use my coolerbator to hatch. Forced air at hatch can cause shrink wrap, so I use still the still air for hatching.

Birdman, would you be interested in recycled lumber? My neighbor has a lot of used deck boards. There are nails in them that you would have to remove, tho. FREE
We're in the Flint area.

Birdman, would you be interested in recycled lumber? My neighbor has a lot of used deck boards. There are nails in them that you would have to remove, tho. FREE
We're in the Flint area.

possibly thanks...I need to get the truck fixed which will be after winter...I don't like to drive the truck in the winter it is rear wheel drive and you can imagine how fun that is....

well got the chicken coop cleaned out and new bedding down...got 19 eggs as well....so the chickens are doing a great job producing...the pile of waste material is like four feet high...so this winter thing needs to be done with so I can move it to the garden area...I will be using some of it for my new morel mushroom area....we get morels right in our yard and we also have a lot of spot we can find them...we got about six pounds this year...some of the white ones grow in our front yard and the black ones we can get right down the road...anyone interested in them this coming season just let me know....I can freeze them put them in vacuum bags and send them....so off to work I go
thanks for watching stay tuned for more progress....
birdman

Back
Top Bottom