building paradise for the birds

Amanda ur birds r beautiful!! Chicken tractors I love using chicken tractors now that I built one for my barnyard mix breeding pen. Just a tip I would put 2-3 pvc feeders in there it is SO much easier to move since u don't have to get in there to pick them up. Also on mine I put the tube feeder stick out of the top for super easy filling. Hoping I can get some CCL or Icelandics to breed instead of mixes but I am new to this and am taking it 1 step at a time. Sorry about the mess... We r just about finished getting this place cleaned up..
Your birds are beautiful too! I love backyard mixes, Especially Easter Eggers. You never know what you are going to get and they are always so unique!

I am super interested in the shipping eggs. Never done it before though. Feels like I am expanding my chicken addiction....LOL
lau.gif

ok i thought i would do some close ups from the hoop coop...i was asked to put some on here to help a couple of people out....so here they are....
secure on one side like this and the other side will not reach the bottom so just be aware

that should help out...any other questions feel free to ask....
also now 5 of the pens are producing eggs with the pheasants...yes..cant wait...got some egg wash coming and when it gets here...the eggs will be cleaned and placed into incubator...anyone raise pheasants ever have clean eggs during this wet fun time of the year....?

we shall see about the utube...i shall play around and see how i feel about it...but will for sure look into it...as for anyone wondering what she means by her eyes being watery...i shall fill in the blanks...auntie mary is my aunt...and on this forum is dedicated to her dad my gpa....also in the shirts you can see in loving memory of bob lyons...and this has been great for me to do to keep my head focused on the birds and to make my family and everyone that is above looking down ....smile...and say thats my boy...im blessed to be able to share and do what i do on a daily basis...it truly means alot....thanks for watching and reading...hopefully shortly i will have videos to go with the forum days....it would be so much fun to do...have a great night everyone
Let me know the channel name!

No wire to the inside on that latch? Don't lock yourself in!!

I like to use extension springs for door closers and a non automatic latch.

I am thinking of making a hoop coop........hmmmmm......they are just so cool.

Last edited:
No wire to the inside on that latch? Don't lock yourself in!!

I like to use extension springs for door closers and a non automatic latch.

I am thinking of making a hoop coop........hmmmmm......they are just so cool.

am going to be installing springs for four coops in the back as well as handles....also installing spring and wire for the hoop coop tomorrow...and been marking out spots for the hoop coops but running out of room...lol...and trying to think this thru on if i want to make it even bigger yet or not...got a huge gate for the front yard...cant wait to install all of it...going to be sweet..planted the blueberry plants...have four of them so far...getting together the plants for planting and trying to figure out where we are going to put them....ordered some more sand...and next week am going to get the 15 breeder pen for the quail...also the gff shipment should be here....hopefully...well...going to design the pheasant brooders out on paper tonight....had it planned out but i have to figure out a better solution...as i should have alot of pheasants hatching...well off to the design table....

Quote:
When I built my aviarys I was warned to make sure I do a pull string for the gate latches that could be operated from the inside. One fellow wound up sitting in his 4 x 6 walk in aviary till his wife came home... by then he was covered with Parakeet poop....
lau.gif
He was in there four hours.

deb
Yeah I wouldn't even put those latches in that kind of location.

lol that would be funny...but i can get out of any of my coops...even if they latch behind...and after tomorrow they will be even more accessible to be able to get out without getting locked in...with the hoop coop there is enough gap that i can stick my finger thru and flip the lock...that also will be fixed tomorrow...lol...that would be funny tho to get locked in to a coop...when i was first building them i almost got locked in but i was able to pop the lock...lol...got lucky on that one.

Back
Top Bottom