building the new BREEDER HOUSE follow my progress with updated pics

Quote:
Thats what I was thinking. Unfortunately the nearest Tractor supply to me is in Bakersfield which is about a four hour drive. Feed stores in San Diego that carry them wan 80 bucks a piece for them.
the doors are made from horse panels 2x4 and they are atomatic close
Those panels are a good ten or eleven gauge wire How do you cut them. Do you use a hand held grinder? I am a fluffy gal with not a lot of muscle. And the self close or automatic close did you use something stretchy like Bungee cord?

deb

Last edited:
Thats what I was thinking. Unfortunately the nearest Tractor supply to me is in Bakersfield which is about a four hour drive. Feed stores in San Diego that carry them wan 80 bucks a piece for them. You can use concrete reinforcing mesh with 6x6 and put chicken wire over it. if you know anyone in construction they could get you some scrap pieces
Those panels are a good ten or eleven gauge wire How do you cut them. Do you use a hand held grinder? I am a fluffy gal with not a lot of muscle. And the self close or automatic close did you use something stretchy like Bungee cord? You can cut it easy with some cheap bolt cutters I got some at the swap meet for less then $10. Any spring will work.

deb

Quote: Hey Hemet Dennis.
frow.gif
.... Bolt cutters awesome idea. If I remember correctly the nippers on those are flat so the smallest mesh you could cut would be about 1.5 wide. So I probably coudln't use them on my Aviary panels. I have about 24 linear feet of them eleven gauge wire and 1/2 x 3 inch mesh. All are six feet tall and varying widths from six to three feet.

deb

This is wonderful! Excited to see more pictures. Do you have many predators where you are? I'm wondering how predator proof something like this would be.

Back
Top Bottom