Bulging chicken eye!

Didn’t see anything in the throat.

Ducks eye now. Doesn’t fully close.
A193F4F8-605A-4F67-87CC-6A0D80BC2AAE.jpeg
3918B17F-4ABE-4C9F-B271-40B544AED66A.jpeg
493E8BE0-5BEB-44B6-A89B-FABE208706CF.jpeg
97328F85-5537-4D6F-AA15-AB6CC07A45F0.jpeg

that must be very uncomfortable for the poor baby. Not sure what's wrong here, but I'm sending best wishes!
Do you have many nasty insects in your area? I'm wondering if it couldve been a sting/bite.
No scabs or small wounds around the top of the eye?
No scabs or wounds and yes, we do. We have lots of ticks and mosquitoes. But i haven’t seen any mosquitoes around for a while, and im very allergic to them and i haven’t gotten a sting for a while.

It almost looks to me like there could be a tumor pushing the eye back in the skull. Usually, a swollen eye socket is from respiratory sinus infection or disease. But it doesn’t look that way to me. A vet might be able to tell you if it is a tumor or not.

Is vet care an option at all?

It's possible this could be from respiratory illness and pus is causing the swelling, but for some reason, I don't think so.

You've been rinsing the eye and applying ointment?

@Eggcessive what do you think?
No, its not unfortunately.

Its not really even squishy, though.

Not rinsing, but applying ointment yes.

Just some news
We ended up putting Duck down with cervical dislocation.
I was told the eye was out of the socket and would fall out. She already had some respiratory things going on and i didn’t personally think it was worth taking her to a vet to get surgery done for 2,000 if there was a slim chance that she would survive after.

I appreciate everyones advice and help.

Just some news
We ended up putting Duck down with cervical dislocation.
I was told the eye was out of the socket and would fall out. She already had some respiratory things going on and i didn’t personally think it was worth taking her to a vet to get surgery done for 2,000 if there was a slim chance that she would survive after.

I appreciate everyones advice and help.
Sounds like you did the right thing. I'm sorry for your loss...
:hugs

Back
Top Bottom