Bulging duckling vent. HELP!!

Me too. Does it look like runny poo? that could cause swelling. Do you have any preperation H? maybe put a little on his bottom. Also if your feeding chick starter grower they will probably need extra niacin added to their water. When I read your post on the duck thread you said that 2 of the ducklings were dead when they arrived. Where did you order from? Have you talked with them? I know this happens alot chicks and ducklings dying in transit. Just trying to help get to the bottom of this.

Last edited:
The poo was white and runny; it washed away easily in the bath. He's having a tough time walking around right now and is very lethargic. I gave them vitamins in the water from day one and just gave them their first container of pure water today. It doesnt look good for this little guy.
sad.png

I ordered from efowl dot com and they are actually sending me two replacements on monday.

I am so sorry about this please PM duckfromz or some of the other duck people that hatch out ducklings. They might have more ideas to help. Where are you? how can they send ducklings through the mail when it's so cold they need heat at this age. please don't think I am jumping on you for anything, this just happens but it's still heart breaking for the one going thru it so sorry.

Last edited:
That is so sad and I am sorry you had to go through this on your first ducklings. Sure hope you get your new ones healthy and no more problems. Let us know when they come and how it's going.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom