Pics
Good grief. It does say no arguing or politics and the like. The other threads went there. Plus, they will shut down threads that are reported by other users. And they don't want unproven info being sourced here, I'm sure. My vocabulary is my vocabulary. Not a huge fan of dystopian novels. Too boring.

Here are the terms we all agreed to:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/help/terms/
Unproven info? No one thus far is claiming to have any proof yet, it should be allowed to share experiences, trials and even suspicions and opinions. When did the world become so afraid of open discussion and opinions?

"I have noticed a decrease in the rate of lay of my 3 and 4 year old hens of breed this winter, much more severe than in past years. I feed X, I offer treats of Y every other day. I live here. They are completely enclosed and are fed ad libitim." Anyone have thoughts on what might be going on???

^^^ this is what BYC is for.

I heard in this Youtube video (or I read on FB that someone heard on this youtube video that someone claimed that Jeffrey Epstien/WEF/Al Gore/The Green Party/the Illuminati/some racial Cabal have introduced a secret ingredient into the chicken feed of a small to moderate market share provider causing their eggs to stop laying to increase reliance on commercial grocery providers and drive profits"

is NOT what BYC is for.

Those that don't recognize the difference between statement A and Statement B are more likely to believe statement B.

Please remember, correlation is Not causation, and extraordinary claims require extraordinary prooof.

Thanks for playing. It would be appreciated if you would make an effort at raising your signal to noise ratio.

Thank you. It’s helpful to know what is in their mix.
The problem here is that because of ties to WEF I don’t trust the label on the Purina and the Tractor Supply brands. We have zero trustworthy agencies (that can’t be bought off by elites), imo, that can police the content of their feed.
WEF?
I try to avoid purina brands, because Nestle is their parent company.
And they make the devil look like a boy scout.

However, that has nothing to do with product quality, but all with company policy. There are other brands, not owned by Purina or TSC.
and there are other feed stores. I buy the majority of my feed from a locally owned business. And I don't mind paying a little more there.

Unproven info? No one thus far is claiming to have any proof yet, it should be allowed to share experiences, trials and even suspicions and opinions. When did the world become so afraid of open discussion and opinions?
Good grief. It does say no arguing or politics and the like. The other threads went there. Plus, they will shut down threads that are reported by other users. And they don't want unproven info being sourced here, I'm sure. My vocabulary is my vocabulary. Not a huge fan of dystopian novels. Too boring.

Here are the terms we all agreed to:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/help/terms/
If you keep a friendly tone and dont make political statements, you don’t get into trouble with the moderaters.

You can have your own opinion about keeping chickens. But eith prooven wrong answers that irritate people you get discarded. And some people get a warning who do not behave with respect to others. And get discarded too when they carry on.

I am glad for that. It makes this forum a nice place to visit. For gathering information, for blogging, support, discussions and to make jokes, !

Last edited:
"I have noticed a decrease in the rate of lay of my 3 and 4 year old hens of breed this winter, much more severe than in past years. I feed X, I offer treats of Y every other day. I live here. They are completely enclosed and are fed ad libitim." Anyone have thoughts on what might be going on???

^^^ this is what BYC is for.

I heard in this Youtube video (or I read on FB that someone heard on this youtube video that someone claimed that Jeffrey Epstien/WEF/Al Gore/The Green Party/the Illuminati/some racial Cabal have introduced a secret ingredient into the chicken feed of a small to moderate market share provider causing their eggs to stop laying to increase reliance on commercial grocery providers and drive profits"

is NOT what BYC is for.

Those that don't recognize the difference between statement A and Statement B are more likely to believe statement B.

Please remember, correlation is Not causation, and extraordinary claims require extraordinary prooof.

Thanks for playing. It would be appreciated if you would make an effort at raising your signal to noise ratio.

The matter at hand isn't simply "I noticed MY birds laying has decreased." It's "I noticed my bird stopped laying, and so did all these other people's too, and based on our shared experience it seems to be linked to the brands of feed we used."

Nobody here is in a position to prove anything. People are just starting to voice what they're experiencing, and already you're here basically telling us to provide a peer reviewed study or shut our mouths.

Don't like the conversation, then stay out of the thread or don't engage. Personally, I'm tired of people like you who have the audacity to believe you can police our posts, speech, and what is allowed to be discussed.

Deleted. Posted in the wrong thread.

Attachments

• 2075F0FC-D6F2-48AB-BC6A-FD117D968CC5.jpeg
    2075F0FC-D6F2-48AB-BC6A-FD117D968CC5.jpeg
    189.9 KB · Views: 2
The matter at hand isn't simply "I noticed MY birds laying has decreased." It's "I noticed my bird stopped laying, and so did all these other people's too, and based on our shared experience it seems to be linked to the brands of feed we used."

Nobody here is in a position to prove anything. People are just starting to voice what they're experiencing, and already you're here basically telling us to provide a peer reviewed study or shut our mouths.

Don't like the conversation, then stay out of the thread or don't engage. Personally, I'm tired of people like you who have the audacity to believe you can police our posts, speech, and what is allowed to be discussed.
I'm not policing your speech.

Im saying there are superior alternative explanations, that the initial claims are unsourced, unverified, and of unknown number - who, where, and for how long? and that there is no plausible mechanism being offered (or readily imagined) which might do what is being claimed. Some of the mechanisms being offered are associated with other health issues not being reported. Further, many of the solutions being offered run contrary to the offered explanation/mechanism. One doesn't raise Met levels by cutting out Soy, or raise Protein levels by giving extra corn, for instance.

You are welcome (avoiding politics, religion, and generally sticking to the topic of chickens) to express whatever opinion you want. Your free speech. I'm welcome to express my opinion of your opinion. My free speech. and the Mods who allow us onto this forum, under their rules, are welcome to police us both. Simple.

Plenty of people not using those brands also noticed a decrease. Because it's winter
I have 2 extreme early layer this winter. More people in Europe experience this. We think its the extreme nice and sunny winter. 2 of my bantams started to lay in the 1sth week of January. A month earlier than expected.

Back
Top Bottom