Bully Chicken injuring the others!

Nice framework for a run. That should be sufficient for around 4 large fowl.
Are you still providing heat for them?

Thanks, I'm no carpenter but I wanted to make it fairly sturdy. I read that the rule of thumb is 10 sq ft per bird, so I figured 8x8 should be plenty for the 4-5 I plan on having.

I do still have the heat lamp on one side of the brooder but the birds don't really seem to care if it's on or off. The one side of the bin is complete shade so my thought was that they could go wherever they are comfortable. The troublemaker doesn't have one in his bin.

I was able to re home this roo today. He was going to be placed with about a dozen 12-13 week old hens that will be free ranged. I hope he is able to integrate ok with the older birds. He should catch up quickly in size.

I was able to re home this roo today. He was going to be placed with about a dozen 12-13 week old hens that will be free ranged. I hope he is able to integrate ok with the older birds. He should catch up quickly in size.
Sounds good. They may be a little rough on him at first, but cockerels mature a bit faster than pullets so I think he will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom