Bully hen

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

I've never seen it but, I have read on different forums of rooster behavior like that. Sometimes with a broody hen, they will even sit on the eggs to keep them warm while the hen takes a break to eat, drink, and poo. Your bully may settle down now. She was probably very irritable and anxious because this laying thing is new to her, some really do freak out. You have a very wise rooster under this tutelage , he may straighten her out.

I have 7 females and there is this one girl that goes in and runs the other hens out of there nest and won't even lay eggs in the nests? Why is this?
I have one hen who used to run or actually grab them with her beak and pull others out of the nests. This was when they were all young pullets just starting to lay. She got over it and stopped doing it when they were short of a year old.

Hope yours settles down as she matures.

Welcome! Glad you joined us.

Thanks for the welcoming, I really enjoyed all the advice that was her first time laying and now she did settle down. He won't let any other bird mess with her either

I also got four turkeys last spring would they beature enough to dress for thanksgiving this year?

I have another question and thanks for all the responses!!! My chickens keep pecking at my male turkeys butt. Crazy!!! They have began to make it bleed, what can I do to stop this?

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom