Bully?

David veino

Chirping
Jun 10, 2023
So I have to big rooster I believe they 12 weeks old and 2 hens and the hens are different breed and little bit smaller and it seems like they all fight but tonight when I put them in it just seem one of the big ones started pecking at this little on I think like near the head or body or neck their blood or scabs or anything and they pick on the little one a bit but to bad but tonight I extra worry that I might wake up and the little one is dead what should I do or if anything?

I must say, I'm having a hard time deciphering your post.

Is this the only chick you are trying to integrate with adults? Where did it come from?

If you are worried, then remove the chick overnight or cage/kennel him within the coop so the others can't get to him.

I must say, I'm having a hard time deciphering your post.

Is this the only chick you are trying to integrate with adults? Where did it come from?

If you are worried, then remove the chick overnight or cage/kennel him within the coop so the others can't get to him.
So they been togther since baby’s is just that two we got from a farm and two we incubated then we put them togther and they just like fight little bits and peck even though they been togther for so long

Please, post some pictures of your four birds and your setup.

Females need much more time (2-3 months longer) to mature and should not be allowed to get bullied or even raped by hormonal cockerels.

Please, post some pictures of your four birds and your setup.

Females need much more time (2-3 months longer) to mature and should not be allowed to get bullied or even raped by hormonal cockerels.
also replacing their feeder and water tomorrow so they have more food
A29F6CBF-F725-4794-B4E4-A68EEDBF3FC2.jpeg
F96CEB51-6838-497A-9400-2FBF5106631B.jpeg
8A9CA73D-6B02-47EA-92B5-1EAFD6194597.jpeg
51926F34-DDB5-4818-B0EA-92383363BFF0.jpeg
Here some pics of my birds and set up
19EFE3D6-EEC3-4C55-9956-100BC5887CF2.jpeg
0CEA9AD7-747E-4BC3-8305-B04B30B6D9DB.jpeg

What I can say from your pictures:

There is not enough space nor clutter or bars to jump on for the the females to get away from the cockerels.

There should be at least three feeders and water dispensers out of direct line of sight so the pullets can get their fill without being bullied.

What are your plans in the near future?
Your coop is way too small to add the necessary amount of females for two cockerels.

The cockerels need to be housed elswhere or find them new homes

What I can say from your pictures:

There is not enough space nor clutter or bars to jump on for the the females to get away from the cockerels.

There should be at least three feeders and water dispensers out of direct line of sight so the pullets can get their fill without being bullied.

What are your plans in the near future?
Your coop is way too small to add the necessary amount of females for two cockerels.

The cockerels need to be housed elswhere or find them new homes
Well I incubated the three birds one of them died so then yeah in the future I looking into buying a new coop or building one and get enough hens for them

Well, if I understand you right, you plan on keeping both males.

In this case they would need their own coop and secured run until you get more adult females and the pullets begin to lay eggs.

Back
Top Bottom