Bumble foot in one of my ducks, please help my ducks are my babies!

Courtney1712

Hatching
Aug 18, 2016
A few days ago one of my ducks started to limp, but there was nothing on his foot. Now his limp is getting worse and after looking at his foot again he has a large bump with a puncture hole in the center. I did research and it looks a lot like bumblefoot. Will it get progressively worse? Is there antibiotics he can start taking now to prevent it from getting worse?

A few days ago one of my ducks started to limp, but there was nothing on his foot. Now his limp is getting worse and after looking at his foot again he has a large bump with a puncture hole in the center. I did research and it looks a lot like bumblefoot. Will it get progressively worse? Is there antibiotics he can start taking now to prevent it from getting worse?
Hi, there's a really good bunch of threads on Bumble foot, if you search bumblefoot duck you'll find them, be careful and clean your hands and any surface area that comes in contact. There is a high concentration of staph bacteria that is not really friendly for humans which isn't stressed enough sometimes in the forums. It can be dangerous and best to destroy anything you cannot sterilze.

Hi,

I recommend the clear iodine method - it involves no cutting so it does not increase the risk of further infection - and pain.

post 13 in this thread describes it https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/560693/need-input-on-bumblefoot-treatment-in-ducks/10

And feel free to join us on the Duck Forum - lots o' duck people there.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom