Bumble foot treatment

That Nexcare waterproof tape pictured in link is just amazing for wrapping a duck foot. It makes it so much easier and is really durable yet easy to remove for next treatment. There is no substitute even close that I've found.
That is great tape! I used to work in surgery and we used it a lot. It was especially good for those patients who had total hip replacements. The thing is you have to be careful not to stretch/pull it out while applying it. It can cause skin burns and irritation if you do.

Well... my first attempt at wrapping the foot was a HUGE failure. I tried to do it myself and she kicked it off in 30 seconds. I am feeling very frustrated! But I just decided to put them in for the night and try again tomorrow when my husband is home. Sonia is being such a trooper even letting me pick her up and hold her. They are not the tamest or ducks. I don’t want to cause her undue stress. But seriously... I was SO gung-ho about getting the wrap done and then when it flew off I was almost in tears :he:th

Well... my first attempt at wrapping the foot was a HUGE failure. I tried to do it myself and she kicked it off in 30 seconds. I am feeling very frustrated! But I just decided to put them in for the night and try again tomorrow when my husband is home. Sonia is being such a trooper even letting me pick her up and hold her. They are not the tamest or ducks. I don’t want to cause her undue stress. But seriously... I was SO gung-ho about getting the wrap done and then when it flew off I was almost in tears :he:th
Its really hard to try to do yourself. I don’t think I could. Need someone to hold them. For me anyway and mine are even very tame. Try not to stress. Tomorrow get someone to hold for you.

Last edited:
When you wrap go up around the ankle it stays on better. Don’t get discouraged it happens to us all.Always learning :hugs
Its really hard to try to do yourself. I don’t think I could. Need someone to hold them. For me anyway and mine are even very tame. Try not to stress. Tomorrow get someone to hold for you.

Thanks all! Tomorrow is a new day and they’re small bumbles. I’ll get it! I’ll try again tomorrow with help.

Success! Had my husband hold her while I applied the ichthemmol and bandages. Does this need to be changed daily or can we do every other day if it stays put? She will be inside the run while during this process to minimize the possibility of mucking things up.
58B3159C-EE61-48C1-9873-E5A1F10FC458.jpeg

Well done! Anytime I treated mine I would change daily. They would get epsom salt soaks for about a half hour then I would spray with Veterycn, apply drawing salve, and re-wrap. I did let mine range and swim normally with the wrap. I bought some baby socks I put over the wrapping and cinched snug at the top with the Nexcare tape. Just the wrap works too though.

The larger of the two scabs came loose today but it didn't really amount to much... I know these are quite small infections but I guess I was just expecting... something. I cleaned, applied salve and re-wrapped. Will take photos tomorrow (I forgot my camera today! Rookie mistake.) Area is still pretty swollen but no longer hot to the touch.

Today was pretty frustrating. She is getting REALLY tired of the wrapping process. She kicks and kicks... today we had to start again twice. :he I have pictures! The middle toe is still swollen but the scab came off and it doesn’t look like much... the one to the left has not budged yet. I also noticed what I think is a pretty big bumble on the edge of her toe. I added some antibiotic ointment to that one too. It feels like things are getting worse, not better which is a little disheartening. Could use a little pep talk/guidance/encouragement! 77A220D5-A8FF-4EFF-A6FF-A34076890F6B.jpeg 4F88B1E0-58AA-4399-913C-0F2EA2AF3762.jpeg E81B062B-CDCE-4F81-853E-BAAB7C616CF2.jpeg

Have you tried taking a pair of sterile tweezers and pick off the tip where the scab was if you feel a hard kernel still in there? Rarely do they resolve on their own which usually means we have to go in and get them but as minor as hers were it was worth trying with out getting invasive.

Back
Top Bottom