Bumble foot treatment

Pics

BeccaV

Songster
May 27, 2019
Brusly, LA
Hi y'all. I tried reading previous posts about bumble foot and it was hard to find an agreed upon method of treatment. Some of the posts I read were older, too. Step-by-step instructions would be great. My plan so far is to soak the foot in a tub of warm water. After that I'm not exactly sure how to proceed.
I picked up some colorless iodine and some pain reliever free Neosporin triple antibiotic.
I'm going out to catch the duck now. I haven't gotten a real close look at her yet but her foot pretty big and she's having a hard time. If someone could give me the steps in order that would be great. Thank you!

Attachments

• 20200325_181157.jpg
    20200325_181157.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 38
It is but what you need to do is soak her foot daily do you have colorless iodine? If not soak then use antibiotic ointment like neosporin or triple antibiotic over I’d wrap to keep the ointment on and her foot clean. Keep soaking until you can peel that scab off with your finger nail once you get that done post a pic of what it looks like. Don’t get in a hurry.

It is but what you need to do is soak her foot daily do you have colorless iodine? If not soak then use antibiotic ointment like neosporin or triple antibiotic over I’d wrap to keep the ointment on and her foot clean. Keep soaking until you can peel that scab off with your finger nail once you get that done post a pic of what it looks like. Don’t get in a hurry.
Thank you. Yes I have colorless iodine. So, after she soaks, I should put the iodine on and then wrap her foot? Should I isolate her or put her back with the flock?

Back
Top Bottom