Bumble foot treatment

@Miss Lydia Which part is the scab? I was able to remove some of the brown stuff on the outside of this thing. Is this whole lump going to come off? It does not look like any amount of softening would make this lump come off. It's like fleshy inside.

Attachments

• 20200325_211037.jpg
    20200325_211037.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 20200325_210959.jpg
    20200325_210959.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 12
@Miss Lydia Which part is the scab? I was able to remove some of the brown stuff on the outside of this thing. Is this whole lump going to come off? It does not look like any amount of softening would make this lump come off. It's like fleshy inside.
And should I wrap it and send her out with the flock? She is not happy inside ☹️

Is there any way of taking her to the vet? That looks like over grown skin that will need vet care. Could possibly be a tumor. Especially since what you pulled off shows flesh underneath I would def wrap since there is raw flesh showing now. you don't want bacteria getting in there. That looks painful
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/wrapping-feet.1255043/

Last edited:
Please let us know what the vet says. :hugs
Just dropped her off. He said he thinks bumble foot but possibly a tumor. He is going to sedate her and remove it. He is going to do the surgery today but she will have to stay the night. He will call us when he gets done and let us know how it went.
I will keep you all updated. Thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom