Bumble foot

ihavewings

In the Brooder
Dec 21, 2016
I am trying to treat a hen with bumble foot on both feet. one has a scab the other is just swollen. I have watched the available videos. After soaking her feet in ebsonsalt water and putting a Prid and bandage how long befor I check it and re apply new bandage. In the videos they show you to slice it but I not sure where to slice, I know I should'n touch the scab, How long does it usually take so you can squeeze out the staph?

I am trying to treat a hen with bumble foot on both feet. one has a scab the other is just swollen. I have watched the available videos. After soaking her feet in ebsonsalt water and putting a Prid and bandage how long befor I check it and re apply new bandage. In the videos they show you to slice it but I not sure where to slice, I know I should'n touch the scab, How long does it usually take so you can squeeze out the staph?

Hey could you please post photo's for me

IF you're going to attempt to remove the "plug" remember to use disposable gloves & sanitize before and after. There is a method that was mentioned .... Non Surgical Treatment you may want to consider & read.

PICTURE of what you're dealing with helps.

Back
Top Bottom