Bumble foot?

Keira1st

Chirping
Jul 2, 2020
I saw this on one of my chickens feet. I think it might be bumble foot but I’ve never seen it before. Please help me identify what is wrong and what the best treatment would be. Thank you! Sorry photo is a little blurry

Attachments

• 8136A917-4F62-40A4-B2D5-8FC69F050EDB.jpeg
    8136A917-4F62-40A4-B2D5-8FC69F050EDB.jpeg
    499.4 KB · Views: 20
It doesn't look like bumble to me. Bumble is caused by staph and normally presents with a black scab/core. It does look like an irritation or mild scab. I've seen similar issues on my chicks when they have wet or soiled bedding. I would just wash it with soap and water and check the bedding to make sure it is clean. Check on it and give it a wash for a few days until it resolves.

It doesn't look like bumble to me. Bumble is caused by staph and normally presents with a black scab/core. It does look like an irritation or mild scab. I've seen similar issues on my chicks when they have wet or soiled bedding. I would just wash it with soap and water and check the bedding to make sure it is clean. Check on it and give it a wash for a few days until it resolves.
When I was doing research on bumble foot I didn’t think it looked the same but I wanted to be sure. I just changed their bedding the other day but I am going to double check everything. Thank you so much for the advice I will keep a close eye on this and will definitely be checking all of my other chickens. Glad to know this likely isn’t serious!

Does your chicken have extra toes? What part exactly are you asking about. I don't see any bumblefoot, though.

Back
Top Bottom