Bumble Help

Tortoise

Songster
5 Years
Aug 19, 2018
Chicago
EMERGENCY HELP
I'm in chicago, Northwest side near Niles.
I have a hen that has bumblefoot in both feet.
Can't get into a vet for 2 weeks.
Anyone in the area that knows how to do the procedure to correct this and is willing to do it on my bird?

EMERGENCY HELP
I'm in chicago, Northwest side near Niles.
I have a hen that has bumblefoot in both feet.
Can't get into a vet for 2 weeks.
Anyone in the area that knows how to do the procedure to correct this and is willing to do it on my bird?
Can you post pictures of the affected foot?
You can use Tricide Neo to treat it non-surgically.

On-line. It's used to treat koi.
How much time do I have before I need to worry about her getting really sick or dying? I only noticed it today and it looks big compared to pics I have seen. But she acts normal except a little bit of limping. I did soak her in Epsom salts and noticed it was on both feet.
Do I have enough time for it to be ordered?
I will check with a couple stores locally that might have it but not likely too.

How much time do I have before I need to worry about her getting really sick or dying? I only noticed it today and it looks big compared to pics I have seen. But she acts normal except a little bit of limping. I did soak her in Epsom salts and noticed it was on both feet.
Do I have enough time for it to be ordered?
I will check with a couple stores locally that might have it but not likely too.
Hard to say. If she's otherwise eating and drinking and behaving normally, I'd order it.
You can also soak her feet and apply Prid or another drawing salve, bandage the feet and keep her crated. You can keep her crated in the run with the other birds. There's no need to isolate her. Just restrict her movements.

Hard to say. If she's otherwise eating and drinking and behaving normally, I'd order it.
You can also soak her feet and apply Prid or another drawing salve, bandage the feet and keep her crated. You can keep her crated in the run with the other birds. There's no need to isolate her. Just restrict her movements.
Okay thank you so very much. There is a local chicken/feed store. I will check with them tomorrow when they open. I'm still searching to order online too.
I am so mad at myself and feel so bad for her. I have been meaning to change their ramp to the roost as I figured out the last week they were jumping down from the roost to the ramp to outside instead of using the step down from the roost. Just didn't even know that they could get it from jumping like that. The one that has it is an orpington. I only have two birds. The other one is a Orp mix and she is lighter and doesnt have it. Everything is kept clean and they free range all day. Just didnt think I would have to deal with this.
Already made some changes and the rest tomorrow.
Thank you again.

Back
Top Bottom