Bumblefoot ‍♀️ Help!

you can make some booties. Take a piece of cardboard in the shape of your duck's foot then put vet wrap around it. Or... if you've got one of those flat coozies you can make one out of that.

This was my experiment so it's not perfect but make the top part bigger than the bottom and sew them together. Use either velcro at the top or just vet wrap. View attachment 1912719

Was this one made from a 12oz coozie?

So I found out that my poor lucky has a staph infection in her toe. I’m treating it with antibiotics and soaking it.

I want to know how contagious the staph is?

She is isolated right now but really missing her best friend.

Also kinda weird... can you get staph from a duck? I wear gloves most of The tIme. Like when I wrap her foot or clean up her pin area. But if I’m just moving her I just pick her up.
I’ve had a rash on my forearms, thighs and chin area.. :/
I’ve got a lot of stress going on right now and I do get stress hives... so... I’ve just been thinking my stress was causing it. But now I’m freaked out.

Help a girl out!!

@Miss Lydia

I’ve treated many a bumble foot which is staff and didn’t wear gloves. I just make sure to wash my hands after treating or spray Veterycin on my hands or alcohol. But for now especially since stress compromises the immune system you should wear gloves when handling her. I don’t think you have staff but if you were to scratch the hives right after treating your duck with bare hands I’d think you’d be more susceptible. Very sorry your going through this stress. I hope you an your duck recover.:hugs

Okay that makes me feel so much better. I wear gloves and wash my hands always.

I really hope she recovers. She has two types of bacteria and e-coli on top of the staph. :/
The vet has her on a few antibiotics but I think it has spread to her middle toe now. :( so I’m crossing my fingers that
The antibiotics work.

Have you ever delt with E. coli? I can figure out what the two bacteria’s are.
This is my first time with Bumblefoot this bad. Normally just wrapping it for a day or two would work wonders.

Thanks for all your advice it gives me hope she will put through.

Here are her medications.

Attachments

• 160DA926-C5A7-43FF-B205-AB1E9BA37F88.jpeg
    160DA926-C5A7-43FF-B205-AB1E9BA37F88.jpeg
    383 KB · Views: 20

Back
Top Bottom