Bumblefoot and some other problems

Also the bird that died from mareks (it was obvious because it had the follicular deformity) died like 2 years ago. I wonder if this bird has always had the ocular symptoms and I could never get close enough to see her cute little eyeballs lol

Also the bird that died from mareks (it was obvious because it had the follicular deformity) died like 2 years ago. I wonder if this bird has always had the ocular symptoms and I could never get close enough to see her cute little eyeballs lol
It's possible, some can live for many years with the ocular form.

Well I'll do my best and I'll update with results. She is now quite interested in me since I sat here for so long. I can hear her guts gurgling around....that reminds me I should go make dinner!! Ha
Their guts will gurgle when they haven't had enough water.

Enjoy your dinner.

Update! She's way sassier today and limp has improved. She actually moves around in the crate instead of staying in one place. She will stand and seems interested in food when she is standing up, but when she sits down she gives up. I think I'm going to stick with the hypothesis that Mareks is not the cause of her symptoms for now. I took a look at her foot today and it is healing nicely, redness in her leg and toes is disappearing. My poor old bird is very grateful and thanks you for all the pointers!!! I have been sucessfully feeding her several times a day with the crop feeding method and she seems to be responding. Yay!

Well she has been eating a little but I'm still tube feeding her. She is still limping badly and stepping on her injured foot with the other foot but the wound looks great and is healing fine. Anyone know what the lameness looks like that comes along with prolonged foot infections? It seems like her leg is not working too well, but the infection is definitely healing. She is standing more and I can't feed her by hand anymore because she bites me so I know she feels better, haha. I'm concerned that she might be permanently lame which means I can't put her back with the others

Well she has been eating a little but I'm still tube feeding her. She is still limping badly and stepping on her injured foot with the other foot but the wound looks great and is healing fine. Anyone know what the lameness looks like that comes along with prolonged foot infections? It seems like her leg is not working too well, but the infection is definitely healing. She is standing more and I can't feed her by hand anymore because she bites me so I know she feels better, haha. I'm concerned that she might be permanently lame which means I can't put her back with the others
Can you take a short video of her an upload it to YouTube?
Marek's is the only thing that is coming to my mind this morning.

Back
Top Bottom