Bumblefoot Antibiotics

ChickenGirl300

Crowing
Jun 16, 2019
Hi, we've had a severe case of bumblefoot. We have performed surgery, but our chicken needs some sort of antibiotic to help fight off this infection. This is our first case of bumblefoot and we're not sure what to use, or weather it is available over the counter or if we have to find a vet, which I'm looking into anyway. If you have had any experience with this, please comment!

Antibiotics should be based on culture and sensitivity testing, but something like Clavamox would be a good first choice. Were you able to find a vet?

Hi, we've had a severe case of bumblefoot. We have performed surgery, but our chicken needs some sort of antibiotic to help fight off this infection. This is our first case of bumblefoot and we're not sure what to use, or weather it is available over the counter or if we have to find a vet, which I'm looking into anyway. If you have had any experience with this, please comment!
I hope your chicken is doing well. We are in the same situation, but could not do surgery because we could not find anything hard? How deep did you go and was the tissue soft?

I had a vet recommended liquamycin 1/2 cc and it worked. They originally recommended something else but I couldn’t find it. I’ve used it 2 or 3 times.

We're dealing with a severe case too. (At least, that's what we think it is.) What worked for your (or didn't)? Any advice you can offer?

I don't, and, actually, now that I've done some poking around, it looks like I can't get antibiotics of any type (Clavamox or Liquamycin, at least) without a prescription.
1704063909829.png

I hope your chicken is doing well. We are in the same situation, but could not do surgery because we could not find anything hard? How deep did you go and was the tissue soft?
We can't find any scab in the foot, but it's swollen like bumblefoot. Did you resolve this with your chicken?

Back
Top Bottom