Bumblefoot Novice

This was after I tried again this morning. It bled a lot today.
I would just take her to the vet. I would stop squeezing it for right bc it might be causing her a lot of pain and obviously it isn't working. I would make an appointment at an emergency vet and until you can get her in put some antibiotic ointment on it and wrap it every day. also when you go to the vet ask about the oral antibiotics I mentioned in an earlier post

I'm going to put in my two cents. I understand that bumblefoot is listed as an infection. However... I raise Muscovy and I have some turkeys. My Muscovy drakes are prone to getting bumblefoot, but not an infection.

Basically, they're so heavy that they try to perch and when they jump down they damage the pad of their foot and it swells up. There's no infection, no puss. Just a bruised foot pad from being too fat to jump that far.

I'm going to put in my two cents. I understand that bumblefoot is listed as an infection. However... I raise Muscovy and I have some turkeys. My Muscovy drakes are prone to getting bumblefoot, but not an infection.

Basically, they're so heavy that they try to perch and when they jump down they damage the pad of their foot and it swells up. There's no infection, no puss. Just a bruised foot pad from being too fat to jump that far.
I can appreciate this comment as my bird’s are heritage breed fat-sos.!
Lol
I only treat if, after scrubbing, there is a thick scab with redness surrounding it.

I would just take her to the vet. I would stop squeezing it for right bc it might be causing her a lot of pain and obviously it isn't working. I would make an appointment at an emergency vet and until you can get her in put some antibiotic ointment on it and wrap it every day. also when you go to the vet ask about the oral antibiotics I mentioned in an earlier post
Thank you but that's $200 I don't have right now.

I am thinking the same thing. When the scab was off this morning and I pushed on the lump between her toes, a lot of blood came out of the opening.
Even though she is a skinny four pound leghorn when she jumps off the top perch it sounds like a ten pound stone hit the floor. That perch is going away. She is also our adventurer, we caught her once plotting how to reach the top of a 16 foot telephone pole.

Back
Top Bottom